EM 385 training is an important manual published by the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) to outline the health and safety requirements of maintenance and construction contractors. Applicable to USACE activities worldwide, such as military construction projects, EM 385-1-1 training provides education on a wide range of requirements regarding hazard communication (HAZWOPER EM 385-1-1 training), electrical safety, PPE, fall protection, and more. EM 385 training may also include contractor-specific EM 385-1-1 training modules to ensure the optimal safety of contracted workers laboring on certain construction projects.
While the EM 385-1-1 certification does not have a specific expiration date, you may be required by the USACE to enroll in refresher training on a regular basis, typically every three years. Enrolling in refresher EM 385-1-1 training ensures that you are up to date on the latest developments and changes in manual requirements.
Yes! Nearly anyone can enroll in EM 385 1-1 training. While the information taught in EM 385 1-1 certification courses is specific to USACE construction projects, you can learn lots of valuable information related to the health and safety of other types of construction projects in this course.
What’s the Difference between EM 385-1-1 and OSHA Requirements?
Looking for EM 385-1-1 training and certification? OSHA Pros is here to help. Register for our EM 385-1-1 course today.
If you are a contractor who wants to bid on government or military projects, then you will be required to engage in EM 385-1-1 training. While OSHA training courses are designed to provide workplace safety for construction workers laboring on general projects, EM 385-1-1 certification is specific to contractors and maintenance workers laboring in dangerous or confidential areas.
With course requirements published by the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), this comprehensive course covers all topics related to the health and safety of working on military/government sites both in the US and throughout the globe. Contact us today to learn more about enrolling in EM 385-1-1 certification.
In This Course
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Enhance the awareness of Site Safety & Health Officers (SSHOs) and other project personnel performing work on Federal construction, service, and environmental contracts, and to provide all contractor on-site personnel an opportunity to obtain adequate knowledge to assess unsafe worksite conditions.
- How to properly prepare a site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- How to effectively serve as a site safety health official (SSHO).
- Know what are the SSHO qualifications and responsibilities.
- Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) forms and their development.
- Site personnel training, incident response and reporting procedures, jobsite auditing, and hazard communication.
Students taking this EM 385-1-1 Safety & Health Topics online course will learn the following topics. More detailed and focused objectives are described within the content of each of the topics.
- Identify the major changes found in the 2014 Edition of EM 385-1-1.
- Select and use the appropriate PPE on USACE contracts and contracts executed under EM 385-1-1.
- Describe proper methods for material handling, storage and disposal.
- Describe proper equipment and methods for fall protection.
- Explain the requirements for safe access, use of ladders and protection for floor and wall openings.
- Describe proper methods for protection during excavation and trenching activities.
- Describe safe use of hand and power tools
Approximate course length: 40 hours
Language: English (student must be able to read and understand English to complete this course)
Testing: At the end of each lesson you are required to take a quiz which must be passed with a 70% or higher to proceed to the next lesson. The final exam must be successfully passed with a 70% or higher to receive the certificate of completion.
Certification: Once you complete the course, you will be provided with a completion certificate
Refund Policy: 72 hours from purchase barring course completion.
8-Hour EM 385-1-1
USACE Safety & Health
16-Hour EM 385-1-1
USACE Safety & Health
24-Hour EM 385-1-1
USACE Safety & Health
Register using the links above or call 817-874-5000
Best EM 385-1-1 Certification
At OSHA Pros, LLC we offer the best EM 385-1-1 certification course available at the most affordable rates possible. With all coursework developed by Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) with over 20 years of experience, we ensure that coursework is not only comprehensive but consumable for maximum learning retention. Leaving no stone unturned, this EM 385-1-1 training course covers all topics and themes included in the EM 385-1-1, Safety and Health Requirements Manual published by USACE.
EM 385-1-1 Training FAQs
Understanding 385-1-1 training can be confusing. We are here to help increase understanding by answering your frequently asked questions about EM 385-1-1 certification training. Don’t see your question listed? Contact us directly to chat with our professionals and get your questions answered.
EM 385-1-1 Training Course