EM 385 40 Hour Online Training
Do You Know What Training is Required by EM 385?
If you are looking for EM 385-1-1 online training, OSHA Pros is here to help. Register for the 40-hour training course here.
If you are a construction worker or contractor working on military or certain government contracts, then you will need to undergo EM 385 40 Hour training.
Available in a convenient online format, this training course is in compliance with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Contractor Safety and Health Requirements EM 385-1-1. Much like OSHA standards training online, this course prepares contractors for the unique risk and dangers of working on military or government construction sites.
EM 385 training is necessary before you even start the bidding process for government construction contracts.
In This Course
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Enhance the awareness of Site Safety & Health Officers (SSHOs) and other project personnel performing work on Federal construction, service, and environmental contracts, and to provide all contractor on-site personnel an opportunity to obtain adequate knowledge to assess unsafe worksite conditions.
- How to properly prepare a site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- How to effectively serve as a site safety health official (SSHO).
- Know what are the SSHO qualifications and responsibilities.
- Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) forms and their development.
- Site personnel training, incident response and reporting procedures, jobsite auditing, and hazard communication.
Students taking this EM 385-1-1 Safety & Health Topics online course will learn the following topics. More detailed and focused objectives are described within the content of each of the topics.
- Identify the major changes found in the 2014 Edition of EM 385-1-1.
- Select and use the appropriate PPE on USACE contracts and contracts executed under EM 385-1-1.
- Describe proper methods for material handling, storage and disposal.
- Describe proper equipment and methods for fall protection.
- Explain the requirements for safe access, use of ladders and protection for floor and wall openings.
- Describe proper methods for protection during excavation and trenching activities.
- Describe safe use of hand and power tools
Approximate course length: 40 hours
Language: English (student must be able to read and understand English to complete this course)
Testing: At the end of each lesson you are required to take a quiz which must be passed with a 70% or higher to proceed to the next lesson. The final exam must be successfully passed with a 70% or higher to receive the certificate of completion.
Certification: Once you complete the course, you will be provided with a completion certificate
Refund Policy: 72 hours from purchase barring course completion.
EM 385 40 Hour Online
Did you know that contractors working on government or military construction projects can get fined up to $2,000 per day if they are in violation of EM 385 1-1 safety protocol? Not only does our EM 385 40 hour online course arm you with the knowledge required to stay smart on the job, but it enables you to procure government and/or military contracts in the first place, as most bids will be rejected if EM 385-1-1 safety plans are not included.
This EM 385-1-1 40 Hour online safety course covers a range of themes related to the safety and efficiency of military/government job sites such as accident prevention plans (APP), safety awareness, activity hazards analysis (AHA), and much more.
You May also be Interested in EM 385 8 Hour Refresher Training – Learn More.
The Best EM 385-1-1 40 Hour Training
Our EM 385-1-1 40 Hour training courses are developed by our team of Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) with over 20 years of experience in workplace safety. With an in-depth understanding of EM 385 1-1 safety protocol, our seasoned safety professionals design coursework with practical examples for optimal learning retention. Contact us today to chat with a CSP about convenient EM 385 40 Hour online training.
EM 385 40 hour online training is designed for contractors, military, and government workers that comply with or must enforce EM 385-1-1 US Army Corps of Engineers Safety and Health regulations. EM 385 40 Hour training must be completed by Site Safety Health Officers (SSHOs) with an additional 8-hour refresher course annually.
While OSHA training courses are ideal for standard workplace safety, the EM 385 manual has more strict and rigorous training requirements. Training requirements for EM 385-1-1 40 Hour online include requirements for contractors working on military construction sites. Training modules include information on protecting valuable equipment and information plus additional hazards that are not commonly found on traditional sites. To start SSHOs are required to complete EM 385-1-1 40 Hour training with an annual 8-hour refresher.
Yes. Much like taking OSHA classes online, you can complete EM 385 40 Hour training online. With a self-paced training model, you can complete EM 385 40 Hour training on your own time and from the remote location of your choosing.