Online Course: Confined Space for Construction
For Entrants and Attendants (6 hour)
The new OSHA confined space construction standard puts in place requirements for practices and procedures to protect workers engaged in construction activities at a job site with a confined space.
This OSHA certification online course will cover traditional confined space topics as they relate specifically to the construction industry. We also offer OSHA 8 hour confined space training for entry supervisors and the competent person.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations require all employer-designated confined space entrants and attendants receive applicable training required in the Confined Spaces in Construction standard found at 29 CFR 1926, Subpart AA. This course is designed to provide training and information about Federal OSHA’s Confined Spaces in Construction standard to affected personnel, their managers, and interested individuals.
- Course Introduction
- Origins of OSHA’s Confined Space Standards
- Identifying Confined Spaces
- Determining Which Confined Spaces are Permit-required
- Reclassification / Alternate Entry Procedures
- Permit-required Confined Space Entry Program
- Entry Permit / Permitting Process
- Training Requirements
- Duties of Entrants, Attendants, and Entry Supervisors
- Rescue and Emergency Services
- Atmospheric Testing
- Course Recap and Final Exam
Students may download and print their personalized certification of course completion after successfully finishing all course materials and quizzes / final exam.
Online training courses cannot cover the site-specific information and training required by OSHA. Therefore, employers must supplement this course with site-specific training and information about the identity and hazards of confined spaces to be entered at the worksite, site-specific entry procedures, required PPE, and other protective measures as necessary to comply with OSHA regulations.
- Approximate Course Length – 6 hours.
- Prerequisites – None.
- Language – English (student must be able to read and understand English to complete this course).
- Testing – You must pass each module quiz and the final exam. If you pass a module quiz, you will be directed to the next module, and if you pass the final exam you will be able to print your certificate of completion. If you do not pass a module quiz or final exam, you can retake it a second time, and if necessary, a third time. If you fail the third attempt of a quiz or exam, you can repeat the module or exam again and attempt the quiz/exam again.
- Course Materials – Printable notes packet and numerous reference documents/links
- Refund policy – 72 hours from purchase, barring course completion.
Identifying Permit Required Confined Spaces
This course is NOT recommended for confined space entrants, attendants, entry supervisors, or the competent person. We have more suitable courses available for those individuals. These courses are designed to assist the student who is only interested in knowing if they have any permit-required confined spaces at construction sites. It is based on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations for the Confined Spaces in Construction standard found at 29 CFR 1926, Subpart AA.