OSHA Appendix D, Required Information for Voluntary Users of Filtering Facepiece Dust Mask Respirators
OSHA Required Information (Appendix D) for Voluntary Users of Filtering Facepiece Dust Mask Respirators
This online course is for employees who choose to voluntarily wear a dust mask respirator for their own comfort while at work, and their employer has determined that voluntary use is allowed because the worker is not exposed to contaminants at levels exceeding permissible exposure limits.
The course provides the student with an overview of mandatory information contained in Appendix D of the 1910.134 respiratory protection program. OSHA requires this information to be provided to all workers who voluntarily wear a filtering face-piece respirator (dust mask). To get started, register for the course here.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The scope of Appendix D of the OSHA respiratory protection standard;
- Understanding what contaminants these respirators ARE designed to protect against;
- Understanding what respiratory hazards these respirators are NOT designed to protect against;
- An overview of manufacturer’s general instructions for use and care of dust mask respirators, plus warnings; and,
- Improper uses for a dust mask respirator.
- Approximate Course Length – 30 minutes
- Prerequisites – None
- Language – English (student must be able to read and understand English to complete this course).
- Testing – You must score 100% correct to pass the final exam (8 questions). If you pass the final exam you will be able to print your certificate of completion. If you do not pass the final exam, you can retake it a second time, and if necessary, a third time. If you fail the third attempt of the exam, you can repeat the course again and then re-attempt the exam again.
- Certification – Students who successfully complete this course can print their personalized Certificate of Completion, which includes the course title, students name, date the course was completed, name and signature of the instructor, and logo of the training course provider.
- Course Materials – Printable copy of Appendix D of the OSHA respiratory protection standard.
- Refund policy – 72 hours from purchase, barring course completion.