If you work with, or work within the vicinity of hazardous waste/materials, then you likely are required to take some form of OSHA HAZWOPER training. Not sure what OSHA HAZWOPER certification training consists of? Not sure which course you need to take? Not sure if you really need training?
OSHA.NET can answer most frequently asked questions about HAZWOPER training, which may include:
- Do I really need HAZWOPER training?
If you are a chemical response worker then you need to receive HAZWOPER training, according to OSHA standard 29 CFR Part 1910.120. This includes general site workers, supervisors, and others.
- Is HAZWOPER certification training important?
Yes! HAZWOPER certification training not only helps to keep you safe, but can save your life by reducing hazardous waste exposure during clean-up, treatment, storage, and/or disposal of waste.
- Which OSHA HAZWOPER certification do I need?
Not sure which OSHA HAZWOPER training you require? Reference this brief guide to find out:
- OSHA 24 Hour HAZWOPER – If you come in minimal contact with hazardous waste, then the 24 hour certification is right for you. This includes working in contaminated sites with exposure below PELs, and coming in contact with hazardous materials on occasion.
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER – Are you a supervisor or someone that is directly involved in hazardous waste clean-up? If so, you need OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER training.
- OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER – The 8 hour HAZWOPER course is designed as a refresher course (following 24 hour OR 40 hour training) to keep you updated on HAZWOPER standards.
At OSHA Pros, LLC, it is our number one goal to provide you with the practical education you need to stay safe on the job. That is why we offer three distinct OSHA HAZWOPER certification courses which include HAZWOPER 24 training, HAZWOPER 40 training, and HAZWOPER 8 refresher training. With each course designed by Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) with decades of experience, it is our mission to ensure that you are receiving the up-to-date education on Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response as defined by 1910.120(e).
In addition to providing OSHA HAZWOPER certification courses, we provide a range of other educational opportunities that fulfill OSHA workplace requirements. From fall protection, general industry training, construction, and more, OSHA.NET is your authority for workplace education, training, and certifications. Contact us to learn more about OSHA training online!