Finding the right career path can be challenging. If you are struggling to find a rewarding career path that pays well, you might want to look into professional forklift operation.
How Do You Become a Forklift Operator?
You may be surprised to hear that you do not need a license to become a professional stand-up OR sit-down forklift operator. However, there are some basic requirements you must fulfill, including:
- Age – You must be 18+ years of age to become a professional forklift operator.
- Certification – To become a professional forklift operator you must have an OSHA certification, which can be taken online in a matter of 1-1.5 hours. Note that forklift certification training only needs to be taken once, but OSHA recommends a refresher every 3-5 years to keep up on your training.
Why Should You Become a Forklift Operator?
Professional forklift operation is a great career path for a variety of individuals. Not only do professional forklift operators earn an average of $41,855 per year in the USA, but they may also earn bonuses and extra benefits that make this career path worth-while. Here are some other reasons why forklift operation is a good career path:
- Female forklift operators earn 95% to 100% of what male forklift operators make. While we believe it should always be 100%, this is still higher than the national average.
- Forklift operation is an ideal career for nearly any age group, with the average operator in the age group of 40+ years.
- You do not need a college education to become a professional forklift operator. 61% of all forklift operators in the US obtain positions with their high school diplomas.
At OSHA Pros, LLC we help you stay safe on the job with forklift certification training through the convenience of OSHA.NET. As a self-paced comprehensive educational experience, forklift certification training covers a wide range of topics related to the safe operation of sit-down or stand-up forklifts. From equipment safety, fire prevention, slip & falls, safe awareness, and more, comprehensive forklift certification training is required by OSHA under 29 CFR 1910.178(I).
With all coursework developed by Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) with over 20 years of experience, we ensure that you are receiving the comprehensive forklift certification training you deserve. Contact us today to enroll in forklift certification training today!