Chemicals are not evil. They aid in the production of many products and play a role in the health and safety of the human race. However, if managed incorrectly, chemicals can pollute worksites and create a toxic or even deadly environment.
Here are some pro tips for reducing hazardous waste risks on the job:
- Managing Inventory – Companies must keep their chemical inventory updated and properly dispose of unwanted or outdated chemicals as they become lethal.
- Recycling – Recycling hazardous chemical waste can reduce environmental pollution and the high costs associated with waste management.
- Segregation – All companies dealing with hazardous waste need to segregate waste into hazardous and non-hazardous sections. When non-hazardous and hazardous wastes mix, they can cause serious environmental, health, and safety hazards.
- Waste Streams – There are a lot of rules when it comes to waste streams. For instance, the mixing of flammable liquids with halogenated solvents, hazardous chemicals, and metals should be avoided, and mercury and heavy metal should not be mixed with any other streams.
- Education – The most effective way to reduce hazardous waste risks is through education. If you work in an industry where you are vulnerable to hazardous waste, then you may need 40-hour HAZWOPER training online– and OSHA Pros can help!
At OSHA Pros, LLC we are proud to provide a wide range of OSHA compliant training and certifications, such as the 40 hour HAZWOPER training online. Available from the convenience of OSHA.net we enable you to train at your own pace and from the location of your choosing with our online programs.
With the goal of improving overall workplace safety and efficiency, our courses, which have been created by Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) with over 20 years of experience, are designed to provide a comprehensive educational experience and practical examples to ensure learning retention. Contact us today to register for 40 hour HAZWOPER training online!