Nature is beautiful. It is also terrifying and mysterious.
One of the most horrific and interesting things found naturally occurring in the environment is hydrogen sulfide. Caused by the bacterial action of plants and decomposing animal manure, this gas can be found in many places and can have life threatening consequences.
Here are some other interesting things we think it is important to know about hydrogen sulfide:
- Hydrogen sulfide is a poisonous gas that smells like rotten eggs. However, its rotten egg smell does not affect its sweet taste.
- This colorless gas is extremely dangerous and flammable. In fact, static discharge is enough to cause an explosion.
- Hydrogen sulfide is a naturally occurring compound that can be found in volcanoes, swamps, and other areas.
- This dangerous gas can negatively impact your GI tract and be quickly absorbed into your lungs. Breathing hydrogen sulfide can cause a long list of symptoms including cardiac effects.
- Hydrogen sulfide is very dangerous for the eyes. It can cause blurred visions, corneal abrasions, and blepharospasm.
- If someone you know has been exposed to hydrogen sulfide, then you should not do mouth-to-mouth. They will need artificial respiration.
At OSHA Pros, LLC, we proudly provide a vast selection of convenient and practical workplace training, including H2S training. As an industry standard for paper industries, petroleum industries, mining industries, and other workplace environments that encounter hydrogen sulfide risks, our H2S training course prepares you to avoid, identify, and mitigate hydrogen sulfide risks so you can work safely. This course not only offers you education, but puts your skills to test through practical examples and exercises that increase your comprehension of workplace materials.
Once you purchase this course you will have 24/7 remote access for 180 days, giving you six months to complete H2S training on a convenient, self-paced learning platform. Contact us today to register for this course!