Confined spaces are extremely dangerous and should be taken seriously, which is why the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) outlines job-specific training requirements for both general industry and construction workers laboring in and around confined spaces.
In case you are confused as to what exactly constitutes as a confined space, 29 CFR 1910.146 defines confined spaces as:
- Spaces large enough that employees can physically enter & perform work.
- Spaces have limited/restricted means for entry/exit.
- Spaces that are not designed for continuous employee occupancy.
While confined space competent person training differs depending on your specific role and industry, the following themes are covered in all OSHA confined space training courses:
- Introduction to Course
- Confined Space Standards (OSHA Origins)
- Identification of Confined Spaces
- Understanding & Determining Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Alternate Entry Procedures/Reclassification
- Permit-Required Confined Space Entry Program
- Permitting Process/Entry Permit
- OSHA Training Requirements
- Emergency & Rescue Services
- Atmospheric Testing
- Course Recap
- Final Examination
- And more, depending on the specific course you have chosen!
At OSHA Pros, LLC we are proud to provide affordable, job-specific confined space competent person training from the convenience of OSHA.net. Providing both in-person and online training, we ensure that general industry workers and construction workers receive the well-rounded and thorough education they require to stay safe on the job.
From contractor/employer responsibility, permitting procedures, atmospheric testing, and more, we ensure that you receive all the education needed to be up-to-date on all confined space training standards outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146.
All of our confined space competent person training courses are developed by Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) with over two decades of experience, so you know you are getting the best education for your investment. Contact us today to enroll in confined space competent person training for construction or general industry!